Main Menu

1 day ban??

Started by Waldo, June 27, 2009, 02:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldo

Hi guys, I am really confused. I recieve a message that my guid has been banned for 1 day every time I try to join your server. I dont understand this since I have always been respectful of your rules. Sometimes out of habit I may slip up and message an abreviation for some expression that is forbidden. If I offended some one I am very sorry. Why ban me for 1 day though with out even a warning?? Thats what I don't understand. This ban must have been isued Thursday night June 25. That is the last time I was able to join your server. Today Saturday June 27th, I am still unable to join. Would some one please explain to me why I was banned?? Thanks,  Walt Hoffman

Healer-LSG-PFC

I saw you try to join last night.  It does say 1 day ban, but I don't know why.  I'm sure the admins will see this and be able to tell you what's up.

Waldo

Yeah its been more than 1 day now and I stll cant join!!! Its so frustrating because I really like that server.

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

im looking into this now and do not see it posted.  As it was a more than 5min kick it could have only came from and admin and we only have 5 and myself is one and dont play 2.x.x anymore.  I am sending out PMs to find out who kicked and why there is no post for it.

Waldo

Hey!! This is strange. I just checked my AA tracker stats to see when I last played on your server. It shows me playing there today and having 5 kills 4 deaths. I havent been on that server since the 25th. When I try to join I still get the kick notice so I dont see how tracker could have me playing there today.  Now I am really worried!! The last time I played I played against Guardian, Palladin and Chance. I dont recall any other LSG members being there.

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

CANT SEE.  TRACKER IS DOWN WHILE THEY MOVE TO THE BATTLETRACKER SITE.

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

PBGUID,"dc3ecd837f09451d4df8faa61028c3a6",1246238014,0,"-=NNC=-Waldo1_[VET]

I will be checking with the other admins and find out..

Zodiac-LSG-PV2

well  i was  on late thursday nite an waldo  played fine the whole nite  he was there  and  i was  up till about 3ish am  pdt time so i was at a loss myself on the ban

Waldo

Is it possible that some one hacked in as an admin and then banned me? Just a thought.

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

yes it is...there is only 1 admin that could have done this and i am waiting for him to get on for the night

Waldo

You guys are great!! I appreciate your time and help in getting this ban resolved. Thank you. I see I got my sig working!! enjoy, Walt

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

Ban should be fixed.  On our server the banlist has over taken were we can scroll down.  The person that was suppose to be banned left as the Admin click ban and when he left the highlight must have been on your name.  When the admin went to check to fix it he couldnt scroll down low enough to find the name.  He was waiting to notify me so I could fix it on the FTP site to clear it.  It should now be cleared off of our server.

I appolagize for the mistake and it has been corrected.

Waldo

I am still being kicked. I tried to get in this morning at 8:45 AM. Do you need my guid?    If so some one will have to tell me how to find it. I am not very good at searching through files. :D

Healer-LSG-PFC

DC3ECD837F09451D4DF8FAA61028C3A6

is your GUID I believe.

Waldo

Yeah thats right.  I see Snake Doctor had posted it in an early post so I guess you guys have it. Does the server need to ber restarted to clear it??