Glitches and tactics

Started by D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt, April 18, 2009, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt

Recently several actions have come into question or have become issues on the server and I wanted to publicly comment on them. This topic is not related to the previous post.
1) Bunnyhopping: this issue is often commented on on the server. The reasoning I saw for the restriction on bunnyhopping is "it is not a true tactic used by soldiers", though that IS a true statement, it still occurs often enough on the server. Some or most may disagree with me, but personally, bunnyhopping doesn't do anything to prevent you from dying or killing the person doing it. Yet, if that reasoning for the restriction is true, then the "crouch stand crouch stand crouch stand" action used commonly, is not a legitimate "soldier" tactic either. There is no difference in either, yet people, including LSG members use that. Neither of which are effective in any way when the experienced player adjusts and shoots center mass. They die and look like a fool for hopping or bouncing.
2) Wall glitches: It has been said that ne hill (wall) is a glitch. There are some that will argue that point pro and some con. I personally know this issue because when I was an Admin, we (my clan) tested areas of the map. In order to shoot from that position you HAVE to expose yourself to the person you are engaging and become completely vulnerable from another vantage point. If the person you are enaging is A) lagging even a little, B) has an inferior vid card, C) or a slower internet connection; chances are that he will miss the opportunity to shoot back. The person at the NE Hill (wall) would have to be stupid to just sit there after shooting. I have been that idiot before, so I know to move back into cover after shooting.
2)(A) Now on south hill the low wall closest to the central path, that is a glitch. In the right spot a person can sit there and do exactly what has been descibed of my actions. This I also know from testing. A person at Front wall TH doesnt stand a chance when a person is there, he will die and not know where it came from. That also seems to be Apex's favorite place on assault. Hmmmm. I wonder if he knows this?
There are several other TRUE glitches in the map that were discovered by my clan and during play seeing others. What I will defend till the end is, ne hill (wall) is not a glitch.
3) Language: This is an area that I will totally agree with. If it is known you are a christian server, then it should be a given that cursing is not allowed, though often happens out of frustration. A simple warning and possibly muting will solve that. I do believe though that to kick or ban a person that slips or are not used to the structure of the server, is a bit much. Either of the latter should be used when a person is going out of their way to provoke or mocking the rules.
4) Assault camping: Though camping briefly is considered a true tactic, it is often used to the extreme. If you go the whole round without making some attempt to retrieve the object, then it is no longer a tactic and simply becomes a crutch and ultimately costs assault the round, just because you didn't want to die (and sully your frag rate). That is when something needs to be said. If defense is rushing, it is more than understandable to wait for the first rush, then make progress. Not doing it the entire round though, or making a mad dash when you know it is impossible to extract it in time. The rounds are shorter than normal as it is, which means assault has to do what it is supposed to do quickly, and kill or be killed, at least attempting to get the object.
5) Team stacking is an issue I won't comment on because no matter how it is said, it is still not seen. It happens and happens quite often.
What I say can be ignored or taken to heart. You might even want to say that "suspekt is just a troublemaker". The truth is the truth no matter how you cut it. Personally, before I got back into my rhythm and got my computer tweaked to within inches of its life, and I was dying at that wall, not one word was said about that position. Now that those things have fallen into place and my gameplay has improved to somewhat what it once was and my kills are greater from that spot, it has become not only an issue but a major one. So much so that I was kicked for it.
I only know one way to play, go hard or get off and play tic tac toe or something. Sometimes I play harder than my computer wants to which results in more deaths. Yet when all is in place, hmmmm, you all have seen it. Thing is, I still haven't gotten my full rhythm back, so it gets worse. I play to have fun, I will jump on the losing team, I go after the stronger players on the opposite team (that helps me), i even help noobs who ask some questions I know they should know. I started off on the russ server back on 2.8.0, and regularly got handed a new one. That is what made me the player I am though, playing against people and teams EXTREMELY difficult to beat, sometimes impossible. It didn't come from jumping on the winning team and "point jackin'". Having a noob fest doesn't test skills and that may be the reason that noob completely deletes AA from his computer. Not everyone has the tenacity or resources to keep coming back or to buy new parts or study and learn to adjust the computer for optimum performance. Being on the recieving end in a noobfest is probably why so many noobs turn to cheats and hacks. That's another topic. I said my peace and as always am open to comments in any forum. Oh one more thing. I won't mention them publicly, but there are some members of the clan that feel because they are in the clan and we are outsiders, that they can speak in any tone they feel. In order to get any respect it has to be given. To purposely say things in an attempt to provoke or invoke a reaction or cause words to be said in order to say "see I told you", is not right.

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

ANSWERS TO YOUR COMPLAINTS...AND OPINIONS

#1 AND 4
Due to the fact that THE COMMAND that made these rules have ARMY experience nothing needs to be said if it was another branch like the Air Force or Navy then maybe there could be something non tactical about it. As for the time on map, 6min is more than enough time.  As for leagues we belong to the time on the map is actually 4-5 mins.

#2 and 2a
Just because you say its a glitch or not then that is what we should go by.  I personally have killed the person on south hill in that spot..Not a Glitch.  NE hill as I have said, I have not seen what is being discussed because I was on vacation so wont comment.

People are warned and then kicked.  I have a young child and know of others that do use our server due to the fact we dont allow it.  Trust me when I say I dont have the cleanest mouth in the world and never have seen the since in typing it out in game.. get a warning do it again get kicked. I stand behind it.

WE DO NOT STACK TEAMS PERIOD...  You on vent with us and enough is on we put ppl on vent together.  My 3yo is on vent he goes on same team with others and doubt him being a 23 honor doesnt prove he is that good. . 

John173-LSG-PFC

Sometime I will have to take a screen shot of what experience when assaulting NE hill when someone is using a particular spot on the wall there.  I can not count the number of times somene shoots at me in the roofless building, west of NH, and I can not see them at all.  In fact it looks, from my position, as if they are shooting through the wall.  In that position, I can not see even one pixel of the person shooting at me.   One of these days when I can play again, I will take a shot of it.  I can say this though.  At least one person in almost every match goes there, and those that do, rarely go anywhere else.  hmmmm, I wonder why?

My apologies snake, I don't normally comment in threads like this, but I think taking a screen shot is going to be the only way to settle the NE hill issue.  I personally know that it was reported as a bug during beta testing, but wasn't considered a high enough priority to fix, and later was forgotten about, but there was much discussion over that very spot.

D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt

If that particular area was addressed as a glitch, then that was something I wasn't aware of. The fact that you can be killed there, is the proof. Just because one person can't see you for whatever reason doesn't mean that stands true for all. I see people there and apparently people see me and others there, because they wouldn't be shooting there. To shoot and sit there with your head waiting for a bullet is foolish, so they may not see me or someone else smart enough to move. The fact that you said is was disregarded and then foregotten means it wasn't significant enough to rewrite or reformat it. To further expound on it, if I or anyone sat there the whole round killing people, I still can't see it as an issue because in real life the same thing happens and soldiers don't just keep running into the wall, they find an alternate route to that threat. The fact is, I personally go there, attempt to stop the initial rush (if any) then I'm all over the rest of the map. So, I really don't understand the "hmmm" in your statement, because I play the game, I don't just sit there in one spot or obj camp. I enjoy the face off's, and me against you shoot outs. That low wall on south hill, in the right place the person is invisible. At any point I can show you.
On another note. It's funny how my posts are taken negatively or possibly out of context. It seems as though they are only seen as "taking a stab" or the other description previously used. Everyone has the right to an opinion, and it is hard to imagine that no one even privately agreed with anything I have said. The only responses seem to be ones defending something, there has only been one partial agreement to the ne hill issue. If you can't kill a person from the spot you are in, move to another so you can. There is no place on the map that is completely inpenetrable. There is always another way. This as most games I would imagine, is set up so players can attempt to create an advantage. Be it through hiding places, vantage points, cover, body movements, adjustments in the files, higher end video cards, sound cards, monitors, headphones, internet speed, etc.... . If it weren't meant to invoke true competition, then there would be limits placed and guidelines established that prevented any improvements or modifications beyond a certain point. I started off playing on russ server with a basic store bought computer and dsl. That set up playing against true gaming machines, I got handed a new one daily. But, you learn, improve both computer and gameplay, in order to become competitive. I have been run away from that ne hill position many times by players that knew how to overcome that position. They didn't whine or say it's a glitch, they played and adapted.

SgtBalco-LSG-CPT

You mention after you shoot, you move back. That is understandable.  But was isn't understandable is watching the muzzle fire from the wall, and not being able to see a pixel of the person's head.  Having a lower end video card, or dial-up connection does not change the fact that at some point the screen will refresh and draw the image of the enemy exposed.  I'm not referring to a one shot kill scenario.

Regarding bunny hopping, obviously you haven't seen it's benefits.  People bunny hop a corner to avoid being in the enemies cross-hairs, return fire and get the kill.  People have bunny hopped under fire and lived because of it.  It works.  In AA 3.0 which movement is being removed, crouch or jump?  Jump, that's the proof it's not an acceptable tactic.
Just a guy trying to get it right. I may fall and stumble but my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ is there to pick me up, ALWAYS! If you look at me you will see just a man. Look past me to see Peace, to see Love, to see Forgiveness. Look past me, see God.

When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it. - Paul "Bear" Bryant

John173-LSG-PFC

Usual, it was forgotten about only because there were more important issues with the game that needed to be worked out, and then the game was forced out to the public before it was able to be addressed.   At this point it probably won't get fixed simply because they are focused on 3.0.   Don't assume it wasn't considered significant just because it was forgotten, it simply was an issue of greater problems to deal with.  One of those was not being able to take objectives, another was increased jams counts, inaccuracies in weapons fire,  getting stuck and unable to to move in a place that freemocvement should have been possible, like exiting map in places you shouldn't be able to go to begin with, automatic nade glitching in the 203, and so on and so on and so on.  When you have to deal with 100's of issues, you have to prioritize the issues and deal with them as much as possible untill superiors tell you, "You're deadline for a realease is past due, and we want that product pushed out to the public."  As hard as the devs and betas work at making this game bug free, they still can't control that.   

You have received a few comments with people agreeing with you on things.  I'm not trying to defend anything, just merely letting you know that there is an issue with that spot, and letting you know that there is another perspective to the situation.  Not to mention considering it is a game, fairness, consideration, fun for all not just some, honor, respect, and ensureing the enjoyable of the environment and game itself have to be considered.  An open server is not a competition.  It's meant for having fun, for everyone including the the "NOOBS".  In competition, like twl, and the other ladders, by all means do what you think you must to win it.  That's the nature of that environment.  That does not apply to the general servers.   Do you realize that you have people as young as 3 and 4 playing this game, and people as old as 86 playing as well?  with such a vast different in ages, there is a wise range of skills, reflexes, cognative, and didactic abilities that make this game so interesting and realistic.  But all of them must have fun.  If one or two people are using things that can or could be, or are considered unfair advantages, then the fun for other people is taken away from them when that person using an unfair advantage ends their playing time every round not being able to do anything about it. We aren't saying you are right, and we aren't sayin you are wrong, just simply letting you know their is another perspective to take.  And if I'm not mistaken does not the word of God say that Christians are to consider others above themselves?  I think you even said that in one of your earlier posts, yet you have defended your view point unyieldingly since being here.   Are you truly considering other people's fun in the game, or interested in yours only?  If you are interested in other people's  enjoyment of the game, then why go somewhere or do something that raises questions about it?  Why not just simply avoid the issue altogether by not utilizing questionable places or tactics?  For the benefit of others, in the open servers, and save those spots for private practice sessions, and competitions?  There are some things I won't do in open servers, that I would be quick to do in compotition mode.  Why, because it would take other people's fun away.  That's one reason I don't go charging through the enemy every round like an unstoppable machine when I'm on my AR.  I could in most instances, including Border and 4 other maps.  One reason my FR is so low.  I'm not truly concerned about that stuff in the "Rambo" arena.  It does really matter anyway.  In competition mode however, the reality of team work and others depending you to do your job, and help the team win, you're going to get my unrelenting merciless best.  That means I won't miss and play around, I'm going in for the kill, and will usually get it with a good team.  Competition is all about temawork and tactics, Rambo arena isn't that at all.  So is that what you are doing?  Bringing competition mode into the freestyle Rambo arena, and expecting others to understand that and be accepting of it? to include the guys that just started playing a week ago?  And before you ask, yes, I do live by the words I just spoke regarding this game, and do my best to do that in real life as well.  I can not tell you how many times I have allowed an opfor to take me down, when in reality I could have taken him down with a headshot the second I saw him.  I give up a good fr, to ensure that everyone has fun.  Is that not what 1 Cor 13:4-8 says to do?   

Ghostbuster-LSG-2LT

You write a 5min post to prove your actions are justified, again...

*Waste Of Time Noted*

All Has Been Said

Only Moderators can Edit now.