Main Menu

kicks and bans

Started by D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt, April 17, 2009, 01:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt

I have been playing on this server for awhile now. Initially I thought, cool a Christian clan; early on I even considered getting in the clan. I got a feeling to wait and watch though, so I listened. There have been several things that I have seen done or experienced myself that one wouldn't think to see from a clan that classifies themselves as Christians. Seeing those things made me reconsider my initial thoughts. That's neither here nor there, but I will say this; calling yourselves a Christian clan puts you all in a position to be scrutinized. Your actions or words may be the reason that someone trying to find God, is a backslider and trying to find a way back, or a Christian wanting to fellowship, either comes in and gets closer to the Lord or turns his back. I have mentioned this to another clan member and now I am putting it out for everyone to see. I was born and raised in the church and it's been a part of my life in some form or fashion up to present. So I know how a Christian is supposed to carry it. If you guys are winning, a person has to do something drastic before you say anything, but if you are losing, you complain about every little thing. Bunnyhopping, which does nothing to prevent you from dying or killing a person, Glitching, I have been accused twice now, once at town hall and tonight on n.e. hill, neither of which is a glitch. If you cant hit a person move to a better position to do so. Honestly, it's just a game, getting frustrated is part of it if you know you can do better, but when it all boils down it's just a game. You guys may be young in Christ which would both explain and justify your actions. Just take this into consideration, if you were on someone else's server and being talked to like that or treated in a certain way, would you go back? Or recommend that server to a friend? Coming onto a Christian server should feel like coming home, no drama, no complaing, just playing the game and having fun, and possibly a few encouraging words thrown in there. Kicking or banning someone because you are angry or frustrated is not Christian. I have been both player and admin., so I know how it feels on both sides. When I became an admin. I remembered how I was treated as a regular player and made sure that I didn't abuse my power, and being a Christian had nothing to do with it. When people tried to stack sides I would move people around to even teams, many times you guys team stack and do nothing. I can't tell you guys how to run your server, all I can say is, think about what you are going to do before you do it, and if you still have doubt, ask yourself "WWJD", simple. My point in all this was, ne hill is not and has never been a glitch, it may appear as if a gun is coming through the wall but it isn't. I have started in that spot when on def. ever since I started playing on this server, have watched your own clan members play in that same spot, and countless others play there without a word being said. It's mighty funny that it becomes a glitch tonight because I won't just stand there and let you shoot me. I DO MOVE when being shot at. So that kick tonight was totally uncalled for.
With that said I am totally open for any comments via the forum, a PM, or my e-mail. 

Ghostbuster-LSG-2LT

Welcome to our website first.
I have played with you yesterday evening on border.

It's good you come with a problem to us.

Send these things to me in a PM if you would:
Who threathend you?
You have been kicked or you have been banned?
By who?
You have screenshots?
What time?

Other things:
-We do forbid bunny hopping, that is how we run the server.
-You might see it as team stacking but we encourage our clan members
to play on one side, wich may be what you are refering to.
-There are a few glitches on the hill if you lay down, I ofcourse do not know what you were doing.

I hope you respond and we can work this out.

Ghostbuster-LSG   CW3

SgtBalco-LSG-CPT

Thank you for taking the time to visit our web site and post.  But why the sermon on how we are supposed to behave?  Why not just post the facts without the digs and jabs?

Yes our server should feel like coming home, and we will kick anyone not respecting this home.  Bunny hopping is not a realistic combat tactic. It is used to prevent being shot and is effective.  We do not have many rules, but we ask that all follow them.  They are not ridiculous like some other servers stating you can't get objective, no spamming, no camping, or can't 203 before 2:00 Minutes.  We want the game to be realistic, and for all to have fun.  If anyone cannot follow these rules then we ask that you find another server that doesn't care how you behave, or the language in chat.

Cheaters, and trouble-makers will always have an excuse or point blame at the admins, but we are the ones paying for the server, and it is our responsibility to make sure everyone respects one another, and plays fair.  We are not whining, we are asking you to follow the rules.

You were kicked (Zero Minutes) for glitching the wall after being asked repeatedly not to.  I watched your gun fire through the wall, and no part of you showing and you were not moving.  I shot every part of that wall above your muzzle flash, and nothing.  The sniper was scoped in and saw no part of your head poking above.  This happened multiple times.  Others near the wall were not glitching, and their head was above the wall while shooting.  You were the only one that could not be seen while you were shooting.

We DO NOT stack sides.  We only place LSG members on same side, and tonight we had guests on our Ventrilo, and they were placed on same side. If I swap a player I try to swap an equally honored player, but tonight there were a lot of low honors.  But it didn't matter, your side was still winning.  Honor doesn't mean anything.  Many low honors are 2nd, 3rd, 4th accounts.

I asked myself WWJD, and I thing He would fix the glitches and remove the bunny hopping from the game to make it fair for all.
Just a guy trying to get it right. I may fall and stumble but my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ is there to pick me up, ALWAYS! If you look at me you will see just a man. Look past me to see Peace, to see Love, to see Forgiveness. Look past me, see God.

When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it. - Paul "Bear" Bryant

BlueIguana-LSG-COL

I will say the following to your post:

Most of it seemed like a sneak attack on our clan, as Balco somewhat pointed out already.  You chose not to join our clan for your reasons, and to me the ones you ststed seem like a cop out.  If you want to inflick change in anything in life you should not move away from it you should join the effort and gain a position to be able to influence the positive changes.  Just pointing out negatives and using that as a reason to not get involved is cowardly to me.

On the kick and the other points, if you were kicked while an admin was on (admin kicked and not pb kicked) I am sure you were warned sufficiently as I know every one of my 5 player admins personally and this is common practice.  I know you have played on our server quite a bit and believe I remember a time when you were defended by my XO when being called a cheater by another player, correct me if I am wrong.  On the team stacking, it is not and never will be a practice of this clan as long as I am around.  We do put -LSG, -lsg and Ventrilo guests together as it just makes good sense.  If you feel that is unfair to you, I say again join, either our clan or our Ventrilo.

I welcome all comments and complaints because that is how we get better, all I ask is that you do it fairly.  If you have a complaint bring it forward.  Please do not use the one time, in many, that you played on our server and had a bad experience to take stabs at our clan.

I will wrap this up by saying, we pay we play (with the rules we want).  I do not think our rules are so hard to follow and I think we are quite fair with the warnings we give.  I sincerely hope you can work this out and continue to enjoy our server but if not, I bid you fairwell and I say to you God bless.

D@_U$u@7_$u$p3kt

It's good to see that this post didn't go ignored and left for dead. What I will say to the comments made though, first of all, the original reason for posting. The ne hill isn't a glitch, the northern most dip in the wall, if you are crouched behind it it is a very good vantage point to cover a large area. I have killed many people from that spot and I have also been killed there. The place he was in I saw him run up, so I was prepared for him. When he shoots I just move back until hes done spamming bullets, then move back out. You moved completely around the ruin and came in the open, which is when I killed you. Bursts were coming at me, not single sniper fire. I killed you, it happens, but to be kicked for it when you were in the open and died was uncalled for. There are no two ways about it. At any point I can show you exactly where you were. If you know a person is in that spot there are several places you can kill me from or tactics to use to achieve the same. I have been on the assault side and killed many people there that were in the same spot. I have also personally watched other LSG clan members sit in that same spot. What made it so different last night? As far as anything else I said previously, the bunnyhopping, true it is not a legit tactic, but it doesn't really keep you from dying or killing a person. In front of me, what I will say is, it won't keep you from dying. I have had several people do it in front of me on your server and they still died, a couple of which were LSG clan members. The team stacking is something I do see going on quite frequently. I more than agree that clan members should always be on the same side, LSG clan that is. That is just training for tourneys (if you participate). Yet, having your clan and members of other clans with higher ranks on the same side, isn't right. If they are on Vent. they should move to another channel and move to the opposite side. Honor doesn't mean anything, true, because of multiple accounts, or a high honor might have just played a long time but still can't REALLY play, I have seen several 100 honor noobs. I will say this, there have been quite a few noobs on the server lately that still don't even know what buttons to push. Having a bunch of noobs on def. with a couple/few good players is ok (to a degree) because of the clock. That same team on assault, is a no win situation. I personally don't like Vent. or TS because there is usually more personal talk than position calling. I used to get off with my own clan because of it. I do know there are other channels people can be switched to defense/assault so each side can use it, and any personal can go on after the series. Now to comment on the previous help Snakedoctor gave, yes he did assist me in that matter, and last night I saw that the guy had even posted something in the forum. Yes, I was very appreciative for it and expressed it to him. That guy tried to make me his project and Snakedoctor prevented it. That is one of the reasons why I continued playing on the server. I acknowledge when a person is both right and wrong. If you do/say something for me I will thank you or do something else, but on the same token, if you do something I feel is wrong, I am obligated to speak on that as well. That is what men do, speak on things to come to an understanding or show the other a different way. Several days ago the map was on something else, I came on, and the round started (I hadn't played that map in awhile), I looked dead at snakedoctor and still shot him thinking he was an enemy. That shocked me,because very seldom do I ff or tk, and I immediately left to get rid of roe and tried to get back on to apologize. Yet when I try to get on I am banned that quick. Don't remember the time frame, but I sent him a PM on here and told him I should have been given a minute to see what I was going to do before a ban was issued. If a whole round passed and I never came back, then yea, maybe. I immediately came back to apologize though and was banned. Each situation is unique, but a moment to see what plays out, before you react is a good way to go. Human nature makes us react right then, but that first thought is not always the best thought. Yesterday when this guy kept shooting me, my first thought was to overkill him, but I thought about it, remembered how many kills I had, and though angry, asked for you guys to kick him. Which was done. I'm not on here trying to bash the clan, never had that intention. If anyone takes it that way, then you need to look inside yourself and ask if any part of what I said personally applies. If it does then maybe there are some improvements you need to make, if it doesn't then, try to take an outside view of it. Either way, none of it was meant to hurt, bash, or "take a stab at" your clan. The thing is, even though I may have been raised in the church, at a point in my life I had backslid to the point of having 1 foot literally in hell and the other on a banana peel. It took an outside party to show me some things about myself, that ultimately encouraged change. When I was with my clan and we were going hardcore, i talked major trash and backed it up. Two clan members including myself would go against a full team (13) and win a series undefeated and very few deaths. The way I carry it now, compared to then is even more of an improvement. I brought up the Christian aspect because, in relation to this game, other servers, admins., you expect a certain amount of crap. Lucky of tr is a prime example, if you kill him too much you get banned, period. To be classified as a Christian clan/server, you are putting yourselves under the microscope. People will be looking at your actions/words more critically that the others. Which means you have to be more aware of your actions/words than the other servers/admins.. I know that you will defend your clan members which is what you are supposed to do, but some speak out and say or do things that are not typical of a person considering themselves to be Christian. All people including Christians make mistakes, that's a given, the thing with a Christian is, once you realize it, don't do it again, because you know the difference; whereas other people can use ignorance as an excuse. My first name means "church" my middle name is that of a saint, I was an alter boy, and also a K of C squire. From an early age I was exposed and active, so I know how a Christian is supposed to carry it. There isn't enough room on here for a sermon, so I will leave it here for now. Being a Christian involves more than reading scriptures, or fellowship, going to church, tithing, it is living what you read and learn, daily. Pulling people in by example. Instead of taking a minute or two to decide on an action, try 3, that extra minute may be the time needed to calm down and make a rational decision. 

SgtBalco-LSG-CPT

Good day,

The tone of this post is much better than the last.  You've covered a lot and will do my best to address each issue.

I cannot speak for Snake Doctor regarding the ban, but based on the info you gave me.  The ban was more for your disconnection/reconnection, but I will leave that discussion for SD.

Regarding the Wall Glitch, The scenario in which you were kicked is inaccurate.  I was not running.  I expect to die when I'm running out in the open.  I expect to die if I pick an obvious spot to hold up.  This time I was prone with an elevation providing me cover, so I figure my head is just showing.  You were not on the corner of the wall.  I know that spot and saw you kill and be killed there.  You were closer to the center just before the break in the wall where it dips.  There were one or two other opfor defending that hill with you, and their heads were bobbing up and down as they shot.  This is typical behavior.  No one was shooting at me.  Then I hear bullets come my way.  I see the AK barrel through the wall, and muzzle fire. I engaged 2 clips before I died (I believe one other friendly engaged you and did not get the kill).  I immediately spectated you and you were at the wall location I was firing.  I felt this was proof enough, and after 4 admin warnings not to glitch the walls I issued a zero minute kick. 
I'm not a great shot, and I know it.  My honor is based on 3 1/2 years of play.  I have a lot of patients, and not quick to assume anything.  I treat others as I want to be treated, but I will not be a doormat to rude and selfish behavior.  I am not quick to kick.  Proof of this was evident last night when we had a guest go 50 - 7 in 15 rounds on Border.  We has some excellent players on our team.  He lit us all up almost ever time.  While spectating him there were times his enemy was behind him, and shooting first.  He would spin and fire a 3 round burst for the kill (15 - 20 yards) on many occasions with no time to aim.  As much as I felt he was cheating, I had no proof.  No screen shots, but I know there are many cheats out there that get around PB and SS.  I could have kicked him but I did not.  It was important to set a good example for all.

Another example is you, and how our clan treats you.  You have caused trouble, and pushed the limits on a few occasions.  You were warned without a kick, and sometimes you were kicked based on you going over the line.  If we were not fair, you wouldn't be playing on our servers at all.  Our kicks are not meant to punish, they are used as behavior modifiers.  The purpose is to give the player a chance to see the error of their ways, and come back and play the game and have a good time.  Most of the time it works.  The player apologizes for their rude behavior and plays on without incident.  This behavior gives us great pleasure, not kicking people.  Kicking people is a major inconvenience.  We have to go hide, bring up the admin panel and this takes time away from us to have a good time.  So understand the Admins do not enjoy kicking people.

Regarding Team Stacking.  Again we do not do it.  The past few nights have been strange, a lot of low honors have been playing border lately. Thank you for the advice to have member go to other channels.  That wasn't the point.  We had a few guests that wanted to be part of the team.  I felt this was acceptable since the other team was winning rounds, and it was not lopsided.  Just so we are clear.  There are times where LSG members are all on one side, or other clans visit and want to be on one side, and LSG cannot win a round.  There are other times when high honor, top-quality players join our server, and always select the opposing team.  We may get owned round after round, and do we complain, do we start swapping the good players?  No we do not.  It a part of the game.  There are good days and bad.

As a Christian clan we know our responsibility.  Does this mean we are perfect, and do no wrong?  No it does not.  Not even close. We do our best, and when we are wrong we work to correct our mistakes.  We reach out to others, and provide shelter, and a place to call home.  Again do not mistake a Christian for a doormat.  We will do what's necessary to protect our servers and guests.

About me:  8 years Catholic school, 4 years Christian Brothers H.S., 9 years as an Alter Boy.  Currently a 2nd Degree K of C and I am far from perfect.  Just as my sig. states.

God Bless
Just a guy trying to get it right. I may fall and stumble but my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ is there to pick me up, ALWAYS! If you look at me you will see just a man. Look past me to see Peace, to see Love, to see Forgiveness. Look past me, see God.

When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it. - Paul "Bear" Bryant

Healer-LSG-PFC

Yep, Suspect went back to his spot on NE hill tonight, couldn't see him...could only see the barrel flashes thru the wall.  He says "LSG uses this spot all the time".  He was asked to quit using the glitch spot.  He tried a spot a little farther south, got killed, then says "I guess you wanted me out of that spot so you could rush NE hill, huh?"  and them promptly left the server.
I don't know if he truly realized that spot he uses is a glitch...he cannot be seen by the person he's shooting at, but he continues to use it regardless (after being informed).

SnakeDoctor-LSG-LTC

LOCKING....   COMMAND IS INVESTIGATING THIS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME THINGS ABOUT THIS SPOT THAT DONT LOOK AS THEY SEEM.